Sunday 18 December 2011

HRIS Model

Too many HRIS models sometime confusing me, but now, what I want to talk about HRIS is consists of 3 components which is Input Subsystems, HRIS Database and Output Subsystem. What I can summarize up is this model is actually on how the information from the input system would be screening in HRIS Database and any important element would be taken by HRIS database as a result of the output system. Not forgetting also, the HR Self Service where the workers would use the intranet system to updating their information. For example, their current address to be contacted, when they moving.

I think the difficult aspect to understand how the HRIS model works. I have to put an effort more on imagine how actually they are functioning. In this model, any of the input can be from Human Resources Department, Accounting Department and so on. For the Employee Self Service, are actually provide an electronic means for a company’s employees to access its HR services and information as described by Isenhour I.C (2011). Let’s imagine how eLearning works for student.

After understand basically what actually about the HRIS and Self Service, I think that the aspect that surprised me when the there are still have security breaches and also, the theft. I wonder that before the organization deciding to use the Self Service, they actually have to make their internet security at the maximum level that they can get it done. There is also having a misuse for the information system by other in organization. Right now, people in our country having a problem where their identification card number being misuse from others especially in term of loan and being a guarantor.


 Reference:
·                                Isenhour I.C., (2011) Human Resources Information Systems (2nd ed.) Sage Publications.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment