Sunday 18 December 2011

TRANSNATIONAL HRIS

In this topic I have learned, HR Systems Architecture and Service Delivery and Model.  Basically I learn that HRIS System Architecture is divided into 3 models which is Standalone model, Data Warehouse Model and Single Integrated System Model.  It is a quite a tough topic, I guess. These entire 3 model are still closely related to the 3 different model that I have learned before which is Multinational, Global and Transnational Model. Another point that we have to take into account is how the HR Service is functioning in the model.

            In this topic, the thing that I have to put more effort to understand is absolutely in understanding a how all these 3 models that I mention earlier works, but the interesting part is when I have read from K.Beaman and A.F Walker (2000) that state in the Standalone System that apply a Multinational Model as a “many headed monster” approach. The word ‘monster’ is very attractive to remembered for me.  From this topic, some of another thing that I took away is what the example and best model to use in HR activities; either it works globally, regionally or locally.

            According K. Beaman and A.J Walker (2000) that the critical factor in deciding the tyoe of HRIS model is to adopt and understand what is actually our organization core business. Although the Single Integrated model were recognized as a model that most advanced, for me, it also important that whatever model we have choose, we have to align it with our core business.

Reference:
·         K.Beaman and A.J Walker (2000) Globalizing HRIS: The New Transnational Model 

No comments:

Post a Comment